Have you chosen the auto-renewal option while subscribing to the Prime membership and now wish to disable it? If yes, you are not alone, as many users forget to deselect the already-checked auto-renew and later realize they should turn it off. In this article, you will learn how to turn off auto renewal for Amazon Prime membership.
Why You Should Disable Auto Renewal for Amazon Prime Membership?
There can be several reasons why you wish to disable or turn off the auto-renewal for a Prime subscription or membership, including:
- You might want to change the payment method.
- You might have gotten a gift card to purchase the same.
- Don’t have any plans to renew the membership.
- You may not be able to take full advantage of Prime.
- You may have another (or someone else’s) Prime account.
- Amongst others.
How to Turn off Auto Renewal Amazon Prime Membership?
You can easily cancel Prime auto-renewal from the mobile app or Amazon website.
Using the Amazon Website
If you access Amazon from their website, follow the below steps to cancel auto-renewal:
1. Open the Amazon website and log in to your account.
2. Hover the mouse over Account & Lists, then tap on Your Prime Membership.
3. Click on Manage Membership from the top menu.
4. Select the End Membership button.
5. Scroll the page and click on Continue to Cancel.
Using the Amazon App
If you have the Amazon app installed on your phone, here’s how you can cancel auto-renewal:
1. Open the Amazon app and tap on You (or the profile icon).
2. Click on Your Account and tap on Manage Prime Membership under Account Settings.
3. Tap on Manage Membership, then again select Manage Membership.
4. On the page that appears, tap End Membership.
5. Scroll down to the bottom and tap Continue to Cancel.
Once you do, the membership will be available for the remaining time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What Happens When I Cancel Prime Membership?
When you cancel your Amazon Prime subscription, Amazon will not charge you for the subscription again, and you can continue to access the benefits until the renewal date, as it becomes the end date.
Q. How to Cancel Amazon Prime Free Trial?
You can easily cancel your Amazon Prime free trial anytime by following the same steps, but in place of the End Membership option, you will see the End My Free Trial Now option.
Q. How do I Stop Amazon Prime Auto Renewal After Free Trial?
In order to stop Amazon Prime’s free trial auto-renewal without paying anything, you need to cancel the free trial before it ends. We have added the steps to cancel the renewal in the article above.
Q. Can I Cancel Autopay in Prime?
Yes, you can cancel autopay by going to your account > End Membership > Continue to Cancel. If you have a free trial, it will also expire once you turn off the auto-renewal.
So, this was all about how you can disable or turn off auto-renewal Amazon Prime membership. I hope the article helps you; if it does, share it with your friends and family.