Instagram has a reel feature through which users can create and share short video clips. However, there may be times when you want to hide your Instagram Reels from certain individuals. This article will guide you on how you can hide your Instagram reels from someone or specific users, ensuring you have control over your online presence.
How to Hide Instagram Reels from Someone?
There can be various reasons why you want to hide your reel from someone on the platform. Whether you want to avoid unwanted attention and interactions or protect your personal content and manage its visibility. After reading this, you will learn different ways to do so.
Using Instagram Privacy Settings
You can use the platform’s privacy settings to make sure your Instagram reels are hidden from certain users. Here’s how you can do it:
1. Open the Instagram app on your device.
2. Tap on your profile icon at the bottom to visit your profile page.
3. Click on the three-line icon at the top and select Settings and Privacy.
4. Scroll down and tap on Hide story and live under the Who can see your content section.
5. Again, tap on Hide story and live from and select the checkbox next to each person from whom you want to hide your reel.
Block the User
You can easily prevent someone from seeing your Instagram reel by blocking them. However, someone can see the reel using a different user’s account if your account is set to public. Here’s how to block a particular user.
1. Open the Instagram app on your handset.
2. Navigate to the user’s profile from whom you want to hide the reel.
3. Click on the three-dot icon in the top-right corner of the profile page.
4. Choose Block from the menu that appears.
5. Confirm it by tapping on the Block button.
Done! You have successfully blocked the user. Now, they will not be able to see your reel or the posts you make on your profile anymore.
Switch to Private Account
You need to set your account to private if you want the reel to only be visible to your followers. Here’s how to change and switch your account to private.
1. On the Instagram app, tap on your profile icon at the bottom.
2. Tap on the three-line icon at the top, then select Settings and Privacy.
3. Scroll down and tap on Account Privacy under the Who can see your content section.
4. Finally, turn on the toggle next to Private Account.
Done! You’ve successfully made your account private. Now, only Instagram users who follow you will be able to view your posts, including your reel.
Wrapping Up: Hide Instagram Reels from Someone
So, this was all about how you can hide Instagram reels from someone. I hope you find this article helpful; if so, share it with your friends and family.