Instagram is a famous social media platform where users usually share posts and stories. While the application works smoothly, sometimes it starts giving errors to users. One such issue is the switch to Instagram Lite, which users are seeing these days. In this article, you will learn how to fix the “Switch to Instagram Lite” error.
How to Fix the “Switch to Instagram Lite” Error?
Although Instagram shows you the error message when you are using an outdated version of the application, many times it starts showing the issue even if you are using the latest version. We have concluded some troubleshooting ways to resolve the issue.
Download the Instagram Lite App
The first thing you need to do is download the Lite application on your device. Here’s how you can do it:
1. Open the Google Play Store or App Store depending on the phone you are using is running on iOS or Android.
2. Search for Instagram Lite in the search bar, then hit enter.
3. Click on the Install button to download the application.
4. Once downloaded, open the app and log in to your account.
Install an Older Version of Instagram (Android)
If you are using an Android phone, then you can also try to install an older version of the Instagram app and not the Lite application. Follow the below steps to install an older version of the app.
1. Delete or uninstall the Instagram app from your handset.
2. Once deleted, open a browser and visit an apk downloader website like uptodown.com, apkmirror.com, etc.
3. Search for Instagram and select Older Versions then install an older version of Instagram.
4. Once installed successfully, log in to your Instagram account.
Other Troubleshooting Fixes
Clear Cache Data: Long-press the Instagram app and tap on App Info. Click on Storage Usage and click on Clear Cache.
Check Server Status: Head over to an outage detector’s website, search for Instagram, and check the server status.
Correct Date and Time: Try setting the date and time of your device to automatically and saving the settings.
Update the App: On the Google Play Store or App Store, search for Instagram and click on it; if there is an update available for the application, click on the Update button to download the latest version.
Re-install the App: Remove the Instagram app from your device. Open the Play Store or App Store, search for Instagram, and tap on the Install button to download it. Once installed successfully, log in to your account using your credentials.
(Resolved) Switch to Instagram Lite Error
So, this was all about how you can fix the “Switch to Instagram Lite” error. I hope you find this read helpful; if so, share it with your friends and family.