Are you seeing an error message stating, “This song is currently unavailable” on Instagram when you try to add music to your Stories and Reels or open a reel or story? If so, in this article, you will learn how you can fix the problem on the platform.
Why Does The “This Song Is Currently Unavailable” Error on Instagram Occur?
The problem arises when users try to include music in their Instagram videos but run into playback issues. Instagram responds with “This song is currently unavailable,” suggesting that the selected music cannot be used.
The music you use in your videos becomes muted or inaccessible, which has a negative influence on your content development efforts. This problem arises for a variety of reasons, whether it’s due to temporary data, bugs, technical glitches, or outdated apps, and is frequently linked to Instagram faults.
How to Fix This Song Is Currently Unavailable on Instagram?
Instagram is a popular social media platform for sharing moments, interacting with friends, and creatively expressing yourself. An engaging aspect of Instagram stories or reels is the ability to enhance your posts with music, which transforms simple content into immersive audio experiences.
You may, however, encounter a disturbing message: “This Song Is Currently Unavailable” on Instagram while trying to add a song. Let’s take a look at what you can do to fix the problem.
Check Your Internet Connection
First, check your internet connection after seeing the error message, since it could be caused by an unreliable internet connection. Here’s what you can do:
1. Visit a speed-checker website like Speedtest.net, etc.
2. Run a speed test. If you are receiving slow speeds, turn off your WiFi and cellular data and wait a few moments, or look for a better-connected region.
3. Reconnect with stable internet.
4. Open the Instagram app and try to include music in your reels or stories.
Clear Cache Data
The accumulation of cache and data might be the reason for the issue. By cleaning the app’s cache and data, you can potentially remove any difficulties or issues that may be causing this issue. Below are the steps to do so:
1. Open the Settings app and go to Apps.
2. Tap on Manage Apps or All Apps from the next page.
3. Click on Instagram from the list, then select Manage Storage, Storage & Cache, or Clear Data.
4. Finally, tap on Clear Cache.
If you have an iOS device, navigate to General Settings and tap on iPhone Storage. Select Instagram, then click on Offload App and confirm the action.
Update the App
You should also think about updating your Instagram app to the most recent version. This is particularly relevant when updates include bug fixes along with performance improvements. Here’s how you can update Instagram:
1. Open the Google Play Store or App Store.
2. Search for Instagram and open the app page.
3. If an update is available for the app, tap on Update to install it.
Log Out From Other Devices
It might sound weird to you, but it has been reported by many Reddit users that the problem happens occasionally when your account is logged onto different devices. So check whether you are actually logged in on many devices. And, if so, log out of all of those devices by following the simple steps:
1. Open the Instagram app and tap on your profile icon at the bottom-right corner.
2. On the profile page, click on the hamburger menu, then select Settings and Privacy.
3. Click on Accounts Center.
4. Under Account Settings, tap on Password and Security.
5. Scroll down and select Where you’re logged in under Security checks.
6. On the next page, select account and you will see all the devices for you are logged in. Click on the Select devices to log out option at the bottom.
7. Select the devices you want to log out of, then tap on the Log Out button.
8. Finally, confirm the action by tapping on Log Out.
Allow Microphone Access
You also need to check whether the microphone permission is enabled for Instagram or not, because if not, you might face the issue many times. Here’s how you can enable it:
1. Press and hold the Instagram app icon and tap on the ‘i’ icon or App Info.
2. Click on Permissions and look for Microphone.
3. Tap on Microphone and Allow it. If it’s already enabled, turn it off, then turn it back on after some time.
If you are using an iPhone device, open the Settings app, then tap on Instagram. Finally, enable the toggle for Microphone.
Reinstall the App
You can also try reinstalling the app, as it resolves many Instagram difficulties, including This Song Is Currently Unavailable. So, simply reinstall the application by following the simple steps, and your problem should be resolved.
1. On the home screen, long-press the Instagram app icon and move it, then tap on Uninstall or Delete.
2. Confirm the action by tapping on Uninstall.
3. Once done, restart your device and open the Google Play Store or App Store.
4. Search for Instagram and open the app page.
5. Click on the Install button to get the app.
6. Log in to your account, and your issue should be fixed.
Wait For Instagram To Fix It
If you’re sure that the song is available in your region and have exhausted all troubleshooting alternatives, it may be better to wait for Instagram to resolve the issue. Some users claimed that the problem went away after a few days or weeks of experiencing it.
Use A VPN
If the song you want is unavailable in your country because of various reasons, try using a VPN to get access to it.
For Android or iPhone, simply search VPN in the Play Store or App Store, then install any free VPN and connect to the other country or region, and you will be able to use that song.
Report A Problem
If the above method does not work, you need to report the problem to Instagram’s support team, as they can assist you in resolving it. Here’s how you can do it:
1. Open the Instagram app and tap on the profile icon at the bottom.
2. Click on the three-line menu, then select Settings and Privacy.
3. Scroll down and tap on Help, then select Report a problem. If shake to report screen appears, tap on Report problem without shaking.
4. Next, specify the issue you’re experiencing and add screenshots if possible.
5. Finally, tap on Send the report.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can This Error Be Caused By Temporary Data Glitches?
Yes. Temporary data glitches, flaws, technical issues, or outdated applications can all contribute to the “This song is currently unavailable” error. Such issues are frequently caused by Instagram’s own technical flaws.
Q. How Long Should I Wait Before Contacting Instagram Support?
If the problem persists after attempting the solutions mentioned in this guide, wait a few days or up to a week, and if it does not resolve the problem, consider contacting Instagram support.
Q. What’s the Reason Behind Song Not Available on Instagram?
There can be multiple reasons for the issue. One of the most common is playback issues. Other reasons can be an outdated app, cached data, or server issues, among others.
(Fixed) This Song Is Currently Unavailable on Instagram
So, this was all about how you can fix the “This Song Is Currently Unavailable” error on Instagram. I hope you find this article helpful; if so, share it with your friends and family.