Do you want to use two-step verification for your Amazon account to enhance its security? Similar to 2FA, Amazon has a 2SV, which, once turned on, requires a password and an OTP to sign in to your account. In this article, you will learn how you can enable two-factor authentication on Amazon.
Why Should You Enable Two-Step Verification on Amazon?
2FA or 2SV provides an extra layer of protection to your Amazon account by requiring an additional verification step, avoiding unauthorized access and compromises.
Also, even if a person gets your password, they will be unable to get into your Amazon account unless the second factor of authentication is performed. It also helps users in many other ways.
How to Enable Two-Factor Authentication on Amazon?
After knowing the reasons why you should enable 2SV on your Amazon account, you might be wondering how you can turn on the feature. Read on to check out the steps to enable it using the Amazon website and app.
Using the Amazon Website
If you browse Amazon on your Windows or Mac computer, follow the below steps to turn on 2SV (Two Step Verification):
1. Open a browser and visit the Amazon website.
2. Log in to your account using the credentials.
3. Hover the mouse over Account & Lists and tap on Your Account.
4. Click on Login & Security.
5. Enter your Amazon password to continue.
6. Now, click on Turn On next to 2-step verification.
7. On the next page, tap Get Started.
8. Enter the mobile number that you would like to use, then tap Please send OTP.
9. Next, enter the OTP received on your number.
10. Finally, tap on I got it. Please turn on the Two-Step Verification.
Once you do, two-factor authentication will be enabled for your account.
Using the Amazon App
If you have the Amazon app and wish to turn on 2SV on your account, here’s how you can do it:
1. Open the Amazon app on your phone.
2. Click on the You or Profile icon from the bottom menu.
3. Tap on Your Account, and under the Account Settings section, tap on Login & Security.
4. On the next screen, click on Turn On next to 2-step verification, then tap Get Started.
5. Enter the phone number and tap Continue. Next, enter the OTP then click on Continue button.
6. Finally, tap I got it. Please turn on the Two-Step Verification.
Change Mobile Number for 2SV
If you want to change the mobile number for 2SV you entered, follow the below steps:
On the Amazon Website
1. On the Amazon website, tap Accounts & Lists, then choose Your Account.
2. Tap on Login & Security, enter the password then tap Manage next to 2-step verification.
3. Now, click on Change next to the mobile number you had entered previously.
4. Enter the new mobile and follow the on-screen instructions to change it.
On the Amazon App
1. Open the Amazon app and tap profile icon.
2. Click on Your Account and choose Login & Security then sign-in to your account.
3. Tap on Manage next to 2-step verification.
4. Next, select Change next to the mobile number.
5. On the next screen, enter a new mobile number, then tap Continue.
6. Follow the simple instructions to update the number.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How Do I Use Google Authenticator for Amazon 2SV?
To use Google Authenticator for 2SV on Amazon, go to Your Account. Click on Login & Security, then choose Turn On, next to 2-step verification, and select Get Started. Select the Authenticator App and you will see a QR code or setup key. Open the Google Authenticator app, click on the ‘+’ icon, and select scan QR code or enter a setup key. Follow the on-screen instructions to use it as a 2SV for Amazon.
Q. Should I Use Two-Factor Authentication on Amazon?
Yes, you should consider using 2-factor authentication or verification on Amazon to add an extra layer of protection to your account.
Wrapping Up: Enable Two-Factor Authentication on Amazon
Turning on 2SV (Two-Step Verification) for Amazon is a simple yet effective way to enhance your online security. I hope you find this article helpful; if so, share it with your friends and family.