Google Pay also known as GPay is a famous payment service app by Google. Although it’s very easy to use Google Pay, many people don’t know how to change their name on the platform, and in this read, you will learn how you can change your name in Google Pay.
How to Edit and Change Name in Google Pay?
For the unaware, Google Pay does not ask you to enter your name while creating an account on the platform instead it will fetch the name of your Gmail account which you have chosen at the time of account creation. However, you can easily change your name on the platform and today’s guide will help you.
For Android Phones
If you have an Android smartphone, you can easily change the name in GPay from the phone’s settings.
1. Open the Settings app on your device.
2. Scroll down and click on Google.
3. Click on your Gmail account and select the account which you have set in your Google Pay.
4. After selecting, tap on Manage your Google account.
5. Click on the Personal Info tab.
6. Tap on Name under the Basic Info section.
7. Select the pencil icon next to your name.
8. Enter the new name and tap Save.
For All Phones (Android & iOS)
If the above method does not work or you have an iOS device instead, you can also change the name from the Gmail app on your phone.
1. Open the Gmail app on your handset.
2. Tap on the hamburger menu (three-line icon) at the top.
3. Scroll down the menu and select Settings.
4. Click on your Gmail account then choose Manage Your Google Account.
5. Now, tap on the Personal Info tab.
6. Click on Name then tap the pencil icon next to the name.
7. Finally, enter the name you want to show on GPay then tap Save.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can I Change the GPay Name Without Changing it on Google?
No, you can’t change your name on GPay by changing your Google account. Once you change your Google account’s name, it will automatically reflect in your Google Pay account.
Q. Can I Change My GPay Name from an iPhone device?
Yes, you can easily change the Google Pay name from an iPhone device as well using the Gmail application.
Conclusion: Change Name in Google Pay
So, this was all about how you can edit and change your name in Google Pay or GPay. I hope the above article helped you; if it did, share it with your friends and family.