Is your iPad sluggish, unresponsive, or plagued with persistent issues? Are you yearning for a fresh start that will revive its performance and bring back a smooth user experience? If so, it might be time to reset your iPad and today you will learn different ways reset an iPad.
Why Reset An iPad?
In this digital age, we rely on iPads for work, entertainment, communication, and much more. But just like us, they can sometimes be burdened by the weight of accumulated data, cache, and countless applications. And in that case, we need to reset them.
But how can you do that? Is there more than one method of doing so? This article will give you the answers. So keep reading to go through the different methods of how to reset the iPad.
6 Different Methods of Resetting the iPad
Resetting your iPad isn’t a daunting task. In fact, it’s much simpler than you might imagine. So, put any worries aside about the complexity of the process or how to get started. With the proper guide to follow, you can reset your iPad effortlessly.
Now, let’s explore the methods that will breathe new life into your device:
Resetting through the settings method allows you to reset your iPad directly from the device’s settings menu. It offers more control and customization options, such as choosing whether to erase all content or reset specific settings.
So you can use this method if you want to reset specific settings. The steps are as follows:
1. Open the Settings on your iPad by tapping on the settings icon on the home screen.
2. Go to the General tab.
3. Look for the “Transfer or Reset iPad” option. Once you find it, hit it.
4. After this, click on “Reset.”
5. Select the settings that you want to reset. In the case of resetting the entire device’s settings, tap on “Reset All Settings.”
6. Enter your device’s password.
7. Now, a prompt will open asking whether you still want to reset. Just tap “Reset” on this prompt.
And that’s all.
Using the Finder
Before using this method, ensure you have the latest version of macOS installed on your Mac computer. If not, update your Mac to the newest version and then follow the below-mentioned steps:
1. Connect your iPad to your Mac using a cable.
2. The Finder will open on your Mac. If it doesn’t open automatically, manually open it.
3. In Finder, locate your iPad under the “Locations” section in the sidebar. Click on your iPad to select it. After this, you will see an overview of your device.
4. Look for the “General” tab at the top of the window and click on it.
5. Scroll to the “Options” section and click the “Restore” button.
6. A pop-up window will appear, asking if you want to restore your iPad to its factory settings. Confirm your decision by clicking on the “Restore” button.
Finder will begin the reset process. During this process, your iPad will restart, and the screen may go blank temporarily. So don’t worry if this happens.
|Note: It’s important not to disconnect your iPad from your Mac until the reset process is complete.
Using Find My
“Find My” is Apple’s trusted tool for locating and securing your devices. But it doesn’t do that alone. It also helps reset your iPad remotely. Here are the steps for doing that:
1. Open a web browser and go to the iCloud website on a computer or another iOS device.
2. Sign in with your Apple ID and password. Ensure that you use the same Apple ID associated with your iPad.
3. Locate and click on the “All Devices” menu.
4. Look for your iPad in the list of devices and select it.
5. Click on the “Erase iPad” option. A confirmation prompt will warn you that erasing your iPad will delete all your data. Confirm your decision to proceed.
That’s all. “Find My” will initiate the reset process now.
Ensure that you have the latest version of iTunes installed on your computer. If not, visit the Apple website and download the latest version. After that, follow these steps:
1. Connect your iPad to your computer using a compatible USB cable.
2. Open iTunes on your computer.
3. In iTunes, your connected iPad appears as an icon or device name. Click on it to select your iPad.
4. Now, a summary will open. Find the “Restore iPad” option in this summary and then click on it.
5. Then, A pop-up window will appear, asking if you want to restore your iPad to its factory settings. Confirm your decision by clicking on the “Restore” button.
iTunes will now begin the reset process. Once the reset is complete, iTunes will notify you to set up your iPad. That’s all.
Using DFU Mode
To reset your iPad to factory settings using DFU (Device Firmware Update) mode, follow these step-by-step instructions:
1. Connect your iPad to your computer using a USB cable.
2. Launch iTunes on your computer.
3. Hold the Power + Home buttons simultaneously on your iPad until you see the recovery screen. If your iPad doesn’t have a home button – Press the Volume Down button instead of the Home button OR Press the volume Up button then press the volume down button and Press the top button until you see the recovery screen.
4. Click on the “Restore” option to initiate the restoration process.
5. Then, iTunes will download the necessary firmware for your iPad and restore it to factory settings.
6. Once the reset is complete, you can set up your iPad as new or restore it from a previous backup.
|Important: Ensure that your computer remains connected to the internet and avoid disconnecting your iPad throughout the process.
The steps for resetting your iPad by entering the wrong password are as follows:
1. Keep filling in the wrong password until you get the “Erase iPad” option on your screen.
2. Once you get it, tap on it.
3. Then, you’ll be asked for your Apple ID password to sign out from your iPad. Enter it.
And there you are!
Final Words: Reset An iPad
In this article, we have explored the different methods of iPad resets, and you are now equipped with the knowledge to reset your iPad.
Whether you’re seeking faster performance, a fresh start, or a resolution to persistent issues, you can reset your iPad with ease and precision by following the step-by-step instructions. So don’t stop yourself like before. Reset your device whenever you feel the need to.
And if you face any problems in the process, let us know; we’ll assist you in every way we can.