Google Pay is a popular mobile payment service that enables users to make payments with their phones. Do you want to remove your bank account from GPay because you don’t want to use it for making transactions, or do you simply want to remove it for some personal reasons? If so, in this article, you will learn how you can remove your bank account from Google Pay.
How to Remove Bank Account From Google Pay?
There are many instances when we need to unlink or delete our bank account from Google Pay (or GPay) and could have many reasons for doing so. Today’s guide will help you do so quickly.
Unlink Your Bank Account
If you are unsure how to unlink a bank account in the Google Pay app, follow the steps below.
1. Open the Google Pay (or GPay) app on your phone.
2. Click on the profile icon at the top-right corner.
3. Tap on Bank Account under your profile page.
4. Select the account that you want to remove from the platform.
5. On the payment method details page, tap on the three-dot icon at the top-right corner.
6. Choose Remove account from the context menu that appears.
7. Confirm it by tapping on the Continue button.
Once you do, the bank account and all the UPI IDs linked to it will be deleted.
Delete A UPI ID
If you are removing your bank account from the platform because you want to remove a UPI ID for some reason, then the good news is that you can remove the UPI ID instead of removing your bank account. Below are the steps to delete a GPay UPI ID.
1. Open the GPay application and tap on your profile icon.
2. Tap on Bank Account and select the bank for which you wish to remove UPI.
3. On the next page, tap on Manage UPI IDs.
4. Click on the drop-down menu that says UPI IDs added.
5. Finally, tap on the three-dot icon next to the UPI you want to remove and choose Delete.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Do I Have to Unlink My Current Account In Order To Link Another Account?
Now, you don’t need to unlink your current bank account in order to link other accounts on the platform because Google Pay allows users to link more than one account, and you can choose between them when transacting.
Q. Can We Unlink Our Bank Account From Google Pay?
Yes, you can remove your GPay account by following the instructions provided in the article. However, keep in mind that if you close your Google Pay account, you will no longer be able to send or receive money with Google Pay. If you want to do so, you must add a new payment method.
Q. Can I Use GPay Without A Bank Account?
Yes, users can use Google Pay even without a bank account to send messages to other users of the platform. You will, however, be unable to make any transactions until you link your bank account.
Q. Is An ATM Card Necessary For Google Pay?
Yes, you must have an account with a bank and your mobile number linked to that account in order to open a Google Pay account. Also, an ATM or debit card is additionally required to link a bank account to GPay.
Wrapping Up: Remove Your Bank Account From Google Pay
By following the simple steps listed in this article, you can remove your bank account from Google Pay. I hope you find this article helpful; if so, share it with your friends and family.