A seamless banking system like the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) has revolutionized money transfers across many payment apps in the fast-paced digital age. The potential of UPI has been utilized by well-known platforms like PhonePe, Google Pay, and Paytm to enable quick and secure transactions. Are you trying to locate your Google Pay (or GPay) UPI ID? If so, follow the instructions in this detailed guide to quickly find your UPI ID in the Google Pay app.
How To Find Your UPI ID on Google Pay or GPay App?
There are many instances when we need to check our UPI ID to receive payments or save it for the future. Today, you will learn different ways to view your UPI ID on GPay or Google Pay.
From The App’s Home Page
You can easily find your UPI ID on the home screen of the GPay app.
1. Open the Google Pay app on your device.
2. On the home page, you will see many options including, Scan QR, Pay contacts, Pay phone number, etc.
3. Below these options, you will see your primary UPI ID.
From The Profile
If you are unable to find the UPI ID on the home page or are looking for a secondary UPI ID, follow the steps below.
1. Tap on your profile icon at the top-right corner of the GPay app.
2. Click on Bank Account on the page that appears.
3. Select the bank account whose UPI you want to view.
4. On the next page, tap on Manage UPI IDs.
Once you do, you will see all the UPI IDs for that particular bank account.
From The QR Code
You can also view your Google Pay UPI ID from the QR code by following these simple steps:
1. Open the Google Pay app and click on your profile icon at the top.
2. Click on the profile icon with the QR code sign at the top-right side.
3. Select the bank account from the drop-down menu.
4. Once you do, you will see the UPI ID for that bank below the QR code.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can I Have Multiple UPI IDs Linked To One Bank Account?
Yes, a single bank account can be connected to many UPI IDs. If you desire different UPI IDs for various uses, this capability is quite helpful.
Q. Is It Secure To Share My UPI ID With Others?
Yes, it is safe to share your UPI ID, as it doesn’t reveal confidential banking information and is made to be shared for transactions. However, ensure you only give your UPI ID to trusted people.
Q. Is My UPI ID The Same As My Bank Account Number?
No, your bank account number and UPI ID are not the same. Your bank account number is a unique numerical identity exclusive to your account, but your UPI ID is a virtual address used for transactions.
Wrapping Up: Find Your UPI ID on Google Pay
For anyone involved in the world of digital transactions, finding your UPI ID on Google Pay is important. With this guide, you can quickly find your specific UPI ID in the GPay app. I hope you find this article helpful; if so, share it with your friends and family.