Twitter (currently rebranded as X) is a well-known social networking platform. Do you wish to clear out your Twitter followers without going to the extreme of blocking them? Whether you want to keep your timeline clean, manage your follower count, or simply disconnect from certain people, this complete guide will show you how to do that. In this article, you will learn how you can remove your followers on Twitter or X without blocking them.
How to Remove Your Followers On Twitter or X Without Blocking?
Twitter has a feature that allows users to soft-block and remove specific followers. Here’s how to remove people on Twitter (X) without blocking them.
Using The Remove This Follower Feature
Twitter made it possible to remove followers from the platform using the Remove This Follower feature. However, currently, this feature is only available on the Twitter website. Here’s how you can use it to remove your followers:
1. Open the Twitter website on a browser and log in to your account if you have not already.
2. Click on Profile from the left sidebar and tap on Followers.
3. Tap on the user you want to remove. Alternatively, you can directly visit their profile by searching for the username in the search box.
4. On their profile, tap on the three-dot icon.
5. Select Remove This Follower from the menu that appears.
6. Finally, tap on Remove to confirm the action.
Soft Block User
While there is no Remove This Follower feature in the Twitter mobile app, you can remove followers by soft-blocking the individual. Soft blocking is simply blocking someone and then unblocking them to remove them from your follower list without informing them. The individual’s account will be removed, and they will no longer be able to see your tweets on their feed. Here’s how you can do it:
1. Open the Twitter app on your phone.
2. Head over to the profile of the user you want to remove from your follower list.
3. Click on the three-dot icon at the top and select Block.
4. Confirm the action by tapping on Block.
5. After blocking the user, tap on Blocked on their profile.
6. Finally, click Yes to unblock the user.
As soon as you unblock the user, it will be removed from your follower list. The user can, however, follow you again and check your tweets by directly visiting your profile if your tweets are not protected.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How Can I Prevent Non-Followers From Checking My Tweets?
In order to prevent non-followers from checking your tweets, you need to protect them. To do so, go to Settings and Support, then tap on Settings and Privacy. Now, choose Privacy and Safety, then click on Audience and tagging. Finally, enable the Protect Your Posts option.
Q. Will The User Know When I Remove Them?
No, the user will not know when you remove them from your follower’s list, either using the “Remove This Follower” feature or the soft block option.
Q. What Happens When I Remove Someone on Twitter?
When you remove someone on Twitter or X, they will be removed from your followers list. Basically, it’s like they don’t follow you on the platform. But they can still follow you again on the platform or request your approval if your tweets are protected.
Wrapping Up: Remove Twitter Followers Without Blocking
So, this was all about how you can remove Twitter (X) followers without blocking them. I hope you find this article helpful; if so, share it with your friends and family.