Amazon Pay Later is a great way to buy items online and spread the cost over time. The company launched it with a lot of offers a while back. But once you begin using the service, you might think it’s a needless hassle. It makes no sense to continue using this service if you already use a credit card. So closing the service is better. Failing to use it and make timely payments could lower your credit score. Thus, if you’re reading this, you probably want to know how to close Amazon Pay later. If so, you’ve come to the right page. This blog will walk you through the entire process of permanently closing your Amazon Pay Later account. So let’s get started and go over every step to close Amazon Pay later.
How to Close Amazon Pay Later?
Method 1: Contact Amazon Support
You can ask Amazon Customer Service to close your Pay Later account permanently by contacting them. Make sure to request a permanent closure of your account; otherwise, it will be temporarily closed and may become inactive.
- Step 1: Open the Amazon app on your device.
- Step 2: Tap the search icon and type “customer support” into it.
- Step 3: Select the “Contact Amazon” option.
- Step 4: Press the button that says “Chat with Us” at the bottom of the page.
- Step 5: Your recent orders will then be displayed in the chat. Select No, and do something else.
- Step 6: Type “I’d like to speak with an agent” and press the “Send” button.
Must Read: Permanently Close Flipkart Pay Later
Method 2: Contact Capital Float
- Step 1: Open the Gmail app and click the “Compose Mail” button. Email Address – email@example.com
- Step 2: Enter the provided email address here and click “Subject”
- Step 3: Enter the subject of the email, such as “I Want to Permanently Close My Amazon Pay Later”.
- Step 4: Write an email about your subject and click the “Send Icon”
Method 3: Contact RBI Ombudsman
You can contact the RBI Ombudsman for Grievance Redressal if, despite your request, your Amazon Pay Later account is not being closed and you were unable to locate an NOC.
- Step 1: Visit the RBI Ombudsman’s Complaint Management Portal
- Step 2: Create an Account
- Step 3: Provide a detailed account of the incident and file your complaint.
- Step 4: Here, you can track your request after obtaining a Tracking ID.
- Step 5: You will receive email updates with more information about your complaint.
Things to consider before closing your Amazon Pay Later account
There are a couple of things you should think about before closing your Amazon Pay Later account. Even though it might seem like an easy choice, taking the time to consider these factors will guarantee that you make a well-informed decision.
- Check to see if your dues are cleared, or else the account will not be closed.
- Your loan provider will send you an NOC indicating that your account has been closed with no outstanding balance; inquire with them if you haven’t received one in the two to three weeks following your application.
- Your CIBIL score may occasionally drop slightly, but this is a temporary issue.
- Don’t worry, it might take two to three months to fully remove Amazon Pay Later from your CIBIL profile.
- Even if you successfully delete your Amazon Pay Later account, your CIBIL profile will still reflect it as a closed loan account; this is merely for documentation purposes.
Closing your Amazon Pay Later account is an easy process. Explore the three tried-and-true strategies listed to make sure that your switch from Amazon Pay Later goes smoothly. It can be confusing to decide which way to close the Amazon Pay Later method to use, but don’t worry—each strategy listed here has been proven to work. Keep in mind that closing your Amazon Pay Later account is only one option. To steer clear of any future financial pitfalls, you must manage your finances responsibly overall. This includes tracking your spending, setting aside money for emergencies, and making a budget.
FAQs related to Amazon Pay Later account
Q.1 Are there any fees associated with closing the Amazon Pay Later account?
Ans. Account closures are typically fee-free. To be sure, check the terms and conditions to see if any special charges are applicable.
Q.2 Can I close my Amazon Pay Later account through the mobile app?
Ans. Yes, you can. To close your account, open the Amazon app, select “Your Account,” and then navigate to the “Amazon Pay” or “Amazon Pay Later” section.
Q.3 Is Pay Later on Amazon secure?
Ans. It is safe to use Amazon Pay Later. It safeguards the privacy of your data.
Q.4 What happens to my outstanding balance after I close my Amazon Pay Later account?
Ans. You must settle any outstanding payments before closing the account. After you close your Amazon Pay Later account, no further transactions or charges will be associated with it.
Q.5 Why is my Amazon Pay Later not working?
Ans. Your Amazon Pay Later account may not be functioning for several reasons, including technical difficulties, insufficient funds, or issues with eligibility. For additional support, get in touch with customer service.