Instagram has clearly become one of the top social media platforms for sharing images and videos and engaging with others. However, like any other online platform, Instagram is not unaffected by technical problems and errors. “Network Request Failed, Please Try Again Later” is one such issue users frequently experience. If you are also seeing this error message, in this article, you will learn how you can fix Network Request Failed on Instagram.
Why I Get “Network Request Failed Please Try Again Later” Error on Instagram?
There can be various reasons why you get an error message on your account. Below are some possible reasons that may be responsible for it:
- You don’t have active or stable internet connectivity.
- There might be a chance that the Instagram servers are down.
- Temporary files are causing the issue.
- The app’s data got corrupted or outdated.
How to Fix Network Request Failed Please Try Again Later on Instagram?
Whatever the reason, today you will learn some of the best ways to fix the issue you are having with your Instagram account.
Check Your Internet
The first thing you need to do is ensure that you have a reliable and consistent internet connection. Here are some suggestions for troubleshooting your internet connection:
- Restart your router and wait for the connection to be restored.
- Switch to a different Wi-Fi network or use mobile data to see if the problem remains.
- Disable any VPN or proxy services that might interfere with your network connectivity.
Restart Your Device
There are many instances when app-related issues, such as “Network Request Failed, Please Try Again Later,” can be fixed by restarting the device. Hence, restart your smartphone and see whether your problem is resolved. If not, proceed to the next fix.
Clear Cache Data
The cache data on the Instagram app might cause conflicts and issues over time. Such problems can be resolved by clearing the cache. Here’s how to do it:
1. Open the Settings app on your phone and navigate to Apps.
2. Click on All Apps or Manage Apps to open the list of installed apps.
3. Select Instagram from the list.
4. Tap on Manage Storage, Storage & Cache, or Clear All Data, depending on the phone you use.
5. Finally, click on Clear Cache.
If you are using an iOS phone, navigate to the Settings app, then tap on General. Under General Settings, tap on iPhone Storage and select Instagram. Finally, click on Offload App.
Update the App
Keeping your Instagram app up-to-date is essential for an efficient user experience. Developers release updates on a regular basis to repair bugs, improve performance, and address identified issues that users face in the application. To update Instagram on your device, follow these steps:
1. Open the Google Play Store or App Store on your device.
2. Search for Instagram and open the app page.
3. If an update is available, tap on the “Update” button to install the latest version. If you don’t see the Update button, it indicates you already have the most recent version installed.
Other Troubleshooting Fix
Log Out and Log Back In: Start the Instagram app and open your profile by clicking on the profile icon at the bottom. Click on the three-line icon and select Settings & Privacy. Scroll to the bottom and click Log out. Wait for a few moments and restart the app, then sign in again.
Reinstall the Instagram App: Press and hold the Instagram app and tap on the delete or uninstall button. After that, go to the Google Play Store or App Store, search for Instagram, and then press the Install button to reinstall it. Finally, open the app and log in to your account.
Install Instagram Lite (Android): You can also use Instagram Lite to get rid of these issues. To download it, search for Instagram Lite in the Google Play Store and tap on the Install button to download it. Once installed, log in to your account.
Correct Date and Time: You can also try adjusting your handset’s date and time and setting it to automatic.
Disable Battery Optimization for Instagram: Some phones have battery optimisation features that once enabled, limit the functionality of some apps in the background, including Instagram. Disabling Instagram’s battery optimisation can prevent the problem notice from showing. To stop Instagram’s battery optimisation, go to the Settings app and select Battery. Look for Instagram in the list and add it to the Don’t Optimize category or Remove them from any restrictions.
Wait for the Issue to Resolve: If none of the methods work, search for Instagram on an outage detector website and verify the server status. If Instagram is down, please wait a few hours for the issue to be resolved from the server-side issue(s).
(Resolved) Network Request Failed Please Try Again Later on Instagram
So, this was all about how you can fix Network Request Failed, Please Try Again Later on Instagram. I hope you find this article helpful; if you do, share it with your friends and family.