WhatsApp introduces new features from time to time to add functionalities and improve their users’ experiences. One such feature is the chat lock feature. While many users are using the feature, for some, it’s not showing. Today, you will learn how you can fix WhatsApp’s chat lock option not showing.
How to Fix WhatsApp Chat Lock Not Showing?
Chat Lock provides an extra layer of security to protect users’ conversations. Using the feature, users can lock a particular chat, and it will be moved to a separate folder that can only be accessed with a password or biometric.
To lock a particular chat, users need to tap on the name at the top of the chat and select the lock option. There can be various reasons why you are not seeing the option, whether it’s not been rolled out to your account or you have not updated the app.
Update the WhatsApp
The Chat Lock feature is not showing because you have not updated the application. As the feature is newly introduced, you need to install the latest version of WhatsApp to use it. Follow the steps mentioned below to update the WhatsApp application.
1. Open the Google Play Store or App Store.
2. In the search bar, type WhatsApp and hit enter.
3. Click on the Update button to install the latest version of the app.
After updating the app, check whether you have locked individual chats or not. If you get the feature, check the steps to lock individuals chat on WhatsApp while if you don’t get, move to the next fix.
Join the WhatsApp Beta
If you have not gotten the feature even after updating the app, then try joining the beta program on an Android phone. Here’s how you can join and update the beta version of the app:
1. Open a browser and visit this link: play.google.com/apps/testing/com.whatsapp.
2. You will be redirected to the Play Store; tap on Become a tester.
3. Wait for a few minutes, and you will receive the beta update for WhatsApp.
4. Tap on the Update button to download the latest version.
Once you update the beta version of the application, you will get the lock chat feature for sure.
Wait for It
If the above method does not work for you, then you need to wait until the feature is rolled out to your account.
The Lock Chat feature is rolling out in different batches to users. Hence, if you are not able to see the feature even after updating the app, then wait a few weeks as it’s slowly rolling out to everyone.
Contact the WhatsApp Support Team
You can also try contacting the WhatsApp support team. Follow the steps below to message WhatsApp.
1. Open a browser and visit Whatsapp.com/contact/?subject=messenger.
2. Enter your information, like your phone number and email address.
3. Write your message that you do not have the chat lock feature and follow the on-screen instructions to send it.
After sending it, wait for a few days to get a response from WhatsApp.
(Resolved) WhatsApp Chat Lock Not Showing
So, this was all about how you can fix WhatsApp’s chat lock not showing. I hope you find this article helpful; if so, share it with your friends and family.