iPhone owners can utilize the flashlight in case power goes down or on camping, etc. The flashlight on the iPhone is capable of emitting light up to 50 lumens.
The brightness of one lumen is equal to one candle so the iPhone flashlight generates light similar to fifty candles.
There are multiple ways how to turn off a flashlight in an iPhone, In this article we have listed 4 ways to turn off the iPhone flashlight:
- Ask Siri
- Utilize the Control Center
- “Lumos” and “Nox” Voice Commands
- Use the Action Button (iPhone 15 Pro or iPhone 15 Pro Max)
1. Ask Siri to turn off the Flashlight on iPhone
Siri serves as a digital assistant that can be used for multiple functions such as:
- Acquire information about various topics
- Ask to perform different tasks
iPhone users can simply just ask Siri to turn OFF or ON the flashlight. Here are some of the Siri commands asking Siri to turn the flashlight OFF or ON.
- “Hey Siri, turn off my flashlight.”
- “Hey Siri, deactivate my flashlight.”
- “Hey Siri, will you turn off my flashlight?”
- “Hey Siri, could you switch off my flashlight?”
2. “Lumos” and “Nox” Voice Commands to turn off the Flashlight on iPhone
Spell commands from the popular movie Harry Potter “Lumos” and “Nox” used to turn on and off the ball of light in the movie.
iPhone users can use these voice commands to turn on and turn off the flashlight by using these enchants respectively.
3. Scroll down Control Center to turn off the Flashlight of an iPhone
Step 1: Access the control center of the iPhone by swiping down from the top right of the screen
Step 2: Tap on the flashlight icon once to turn on the flashlight
Step 3: Tap the flashlight icon again to turn it off
If any user is unable to find the flashlight icon on the control center, then do not be concerned. This issue can be addressed easily by adding the flashlight option on the control center: Here are the steps to add flashlight option in control center.
Step 1: Open the “Settings” app on your iPhone
Step 2: Click on the “Control Center” tab
Step 3: Navigate to “More Controls” and add the flashlight option in the control center
4. Use the Action Button to turn off the Flashlight (iPhone 15 Pro or iPhone 15 Pro Max)
You can use the fastest and quickest way of toggling the flashlight on and off if you have the following versions of the iPhone:
- iPhone 15 Pro
- iPhone Pro Max
The action button is located on the left side of the iPhone 15 Pro and Pro Max. Users can pick one action from various features for quick access.
iPhone owners can assign the flashlight option to the action button by following these steps:
Step 1: Go to the “Settings”
Step 2: Navigate to the “Action Button”
Step 3: Select the flashlight by swiping to the right
Step 4: Voila! Now you can access the flashlight within seconds
FAQs – How to Turn off Flashlight of an iPhone?
Here are the frequently asked questions (FAQs) about How to turn off the flashlight in an iPhone:
Q1. How to Add Flashlight to Control Center on iPhone?
Ans. Follow these steps to add Flashlight to the Control Center of your iPhone:
1. Click on the “Settings”
2. Navigate to “Control Center”
3. Add “Flashlight” to the list
Q2. Can you turn on the iPhone flashlight by tapping?
Ans. There is the possibility to turn on and turn off the flashlight by just tapping the phone:
1. Go to “Settings”
2. Click on “Accessibility”
3. Tap on the “Touch” option
4. Pick the “Back Tap” option
5. Add “Torch” in the back tap option
Q3. How to turn the flashlight on and off if the screen is broken?
Ans. In case the screen of your iPhone is broken and you need to turn on or turn off the flashlight then follow these methods:
• Use the voice commands “Lumos” and “Nox”
• Ask Siri to turn off or turn on the flashlight
Q4. How to change the brightness of the flashlight?
Ans. Users can dim and bright the flashlight of the iPhone by:
1. Going to the Control Center
2. Press and hold the Flashlight button
3. Swipe the slider up or down
How to turnoff flashlight in iPhone is a question that arises often. There are multiple ways to perform this task mentioned in this article.iPhone owners can utilize the flashlight in case of any emergency or power breakdown situation.